The Japanese Society of Chiropractic Science (JSCS)
The Japanese Society of Chiropractic Science (JSCS) which was established as a research arm of the Japanese Association of Chiropractors, promotes an evidence-based, patient-centered, inter-professional and integrative care in chiropractic practice.
The main objective of the society is to advance scientific skills and knowledge in relation to safety and effectiveness in chiropractic practice. The society holds a research conference annually in order to assist chiropractors who completed the international WHO-standards education for updating their scientific knowledge in relation to safety and effectiveness in their clinical practices including spinal manipulation/adjustments. The society has been publishing its own journal, ‘the Japanese Journal of Chiropractic Science’ (JJCS) since 1984.
Board of Directors
Chairperson: Masayoshi Tsuruoka PhD
Vice-Chairperson: Seika Kamohara MD, PhD
Research Committee : Yoshiaki Takeyachi MD, DC, PhD
Planning Committee: Tomohiko Wakatsuki DC
The list of past annual conferences
Academic Programs and Proceedings (ISSN: 2758-2493)
The 14th Annual Conference of JSCS
Date: June 18th & 19th, 2023 Venue: Web Conference Theme: 'Integrative Healthcare in Rehabilitation' Conference chair: Yasunobu Takeyachi MD, DC (Director, Takeyachi Clinic)
- Akira Kawashima MD, PhD (Project Professor, Integrative Medicine Program, Graduate School, Kanagawa Dental University) “The necessity of Integrative Medicine and Its Education”
- Osamu Shirado MD, PhD (Professor, AIZU Medical Center, Department of Spine Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical University) “Rehabilitation in Orthopaedic Surgery -Special reference to spine and spinal cord diseases -“
- Makoto Ohama (Chairman, Japan Spinal Cord Foundation) “Spinal cord regeneration and Rehabilitation”
- Richard Brown DC, LLM (Secretary-General, World Federation of Chiropractic) “Chiropractic’s Role in Strengthening Rehabilitaion in Health Systems”
- Takayuki Nagaoka(Representative, Medical Professions Division, Health Policy Bureau, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare) “Legal Regulations and Issues surrounding Healthcare”
- Takayuki Tomohiro DC, ATC(Director, Total Rehabilitation Center) “What is Chiropractic Rehabilitation?”
Upcoming: The 15th Annual Conference of JSCS
Date: June 16th & 17th, 2024 Venue: Web Conference Theme: 'Let's talk about optimal health through people-centered care' Conference chair: Yasuyuki Shibata DC (Director, Spinal Care Yoga)
Japanese Journal of Chiropractic Science
Vol.1 (September, 1984); Vol.2 No.1 (March, 1986); Vol.2 No.2 (October, 1986); Vol.3 No.1 (March, 1987); Vol.3 No.2 (October, 1987); Vol.4 No.1 (March, 1988); Vol.4 No.2 (November, 1988); Vol.5 No.1 (March, 1989); Vol.5 No.2 (November, 1989); Vol.6 No.1 (April, 1990); Vol.7 No.1 (August, 1991); Vol.7 No.2 (November, 1991); Vol.8 No.1 (March, 1992); Vol.9 (November, 2020); Vol.10 (May, 2022); Vol.11 (June, 2023)
- Editor in Chief: Yoshiaki Takeyachi MD, DC, PhD
- Junko Usuda DC, MS
- Yuko Kanamoto DC
- Tomonori Kawai DC, MS
- Kotaro Suzuki DC
- Yasunobu Takeyachi DC, MD
- Kei Nakatsuka DC
- Hiroe Naruse DC
- Toshitaka Yamada DC
- Tomohiko Wakatsuki DC
- Nobuhiro Watanabe DC, PhD
- Editorial Advisors:
- Masayoshi Tsuruoka PhD (Showa University, Japan)
- Seika Kamohara MD, PhD (Health Science University, Japan)
- Koji Otani MD, DMSc (Fukushima Medical University, Japan)
- Dana Lawrence DC, MMedEd, MA (Parker University, USA)
- Ricardo Fujikawa MD, DC (Madrid College of Chiropractic, Spain)
- Yi Kai Wong DC, MPH (International Medical University, Malaysia)
Bylaws of the Japanese Society of Chiropractic Science
Article 1 (Objectives)
These Bylaws establish the organizational structure of The Japanese Society of Chiropractic Science (hereinafter the “Society”) in accordance with Article 30, Article 31 and Article 32 of the Articles of Incorporation of the Japanese Association of Chiropractors (hereinafter the “Association”) and the matters necessary for the operation of the Society. The objective of the Society is to promote the development of scientific research related to chiropractic science with the aim of ensuring that it progresses in the right direction and the aim of promoting the dissemination of and raising awareness of chiropractic in order to contribute to the medical care, health and welfare of our citizens.
Article 2 (Location of Administrative Office)
An administrative office for the Society’s operations shall be set up within the administrative office of the Association for the purpose of handling the administrative affairs of the Society.
Article 3 (Types and Qualifications of Members)
As prescribed in the Association’s Membership Regulations.
Article 4 (Committees)
The Society shall have the following Committees.
(1) Management Committee
(2) Ethics Committee
(3) Conference Planning Committee
Article 5 (Activities)
The Society shall engage in the following activities in order to achieve the objectives under the preceding article.
- Holding of academic conferences and study groups
- Issue of academic journals (Japanese Journal of Chiropractic Science)
- Promotion of research
- Research collaboration with related academic organizations in Japan and overseas
- Investigations, research and recommendations related to the Japanese medical system
- Any other activities necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Society
Article 6 (Officers)
The Society shall have a Management Committee with the following officers.
- The Management Committee shall have not less than six (6) and not more than ten (10) committee members including one (1) Chairman and one (1) Vice Chairman.
- The provisions concerning the term of office of the officers of the Association shall apply mutatis mutandis to the term of office of the Management Committee.
- The election and dismissal of the Management Committee shall be provided for separately.
Article 7 (Revision and Repeal)
A resolution of the General Meeting of Committee Chairmen of the Association shall be required in order to revise or repeal these Bylaws.
These Bylaws shall enter into force as of July 1, 2018.