The Japanese Society of Chiropractic Science
The Japanese Society of Chiropractic Science (JSCS) which was established as a research arm of the Japanese Association of Chiropractors, promotes an evidence-based, patient-centered, inter-professional and integrative care in chiropractic practice.
The main objective of the society is to advance scientific skills and knowledge of chiropractors in relation to safety and effectiveness in chiropractic practice. The society holds a research conference annually in order to assist chiropractors who completed the international WHO-standards education to update their scientific knowledge regarding safety and effectiveness in chiropractic practice including spinal manipulation/adjustments. The society has been publishing its own journal called, ‘the Japanese Journal of Chiropractic Science’ (JJCS) since 1984.
Board of Directors
Chairman: Masayoshi Tsuruoka PhD (Showa University)
Vice-Chairman: Seika Kamohara MD, PhD (Health Science University)
Editor in Chief: Yoshiaki Takeyachi MD, DC, PhD (Musashino General Clinic)
- Dana Lawrence DC, MMedEd, MA (Parker University)
- Ricardo Fujikawa MD, DC, PhD (Madrid College of Chiropractic)
- Masayoshi Tsuruoka PhD (Showa University)
- Seika Kamohara MD, PhD (Health Science University)
Planning Committee: Tomohiko Wakatsuki DC (Wakatsuki Chiropractic)
- 1983: 1st Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at Nihon Seinen Kaikan in Tokyo.
- 1985: 2nd Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at Asakusa View Hotel in Tokyo.
- 1987: 3rd Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at National Kyoto International Hall in Kyoto.
- 1989: 4th Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at Kanazawa Kanko Hall in Kanazawa.
- 1991: 5th Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at Kagoshima Civic Cuktural Hall in Kagoshima.
- 1993: 6th Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at Loyton Sapporo in Sapporo.
- 1995: 7th Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at Shin-Yokohama Prince Hotel in Yokohama.
- 2018: 8th Clinical Chiropractic Symposium at Tsukuba University Tokyo campus in Tokyo.
- 2018: 9th JSCS Annual Research Conference at Makuhari Messe in Chiba. “Sports and Chiropractic”
- 2019: 10th JSCS Annual Research Conference at Showa Women’s University in Tokyo. “Promotion of Evidence-based Clinical Practice”
- 2020: 11th JSCS Annual Research Conference at Kotsu building in Tokyo. “The Importance of Health Literacy in Chiropractic Practice”
- 2021: 12th JSCS Annual Research Conference at Shibaura Institute of Technology in Tokyo. “The Role of the Chiropractor in Interprofessional Collaborative Care”
- 2022: 13th JSCS Annual Research Conference at TBA. “Musculoskeletal health for Healthy Aging”
The 12th Annual Conference of JSCS 2021
Date: November 21 & 22, 2021 Venue: Shibaura Institute of Technology, Tokyo Theme: 'The role of the chiropractor in interprofessional collaborative care' Conference chair: Shuhei Oguchi DC (Smart Chiropractic)
- Masaki Katayose MS, PhD (Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, School of Health Sciences, Sapporo Medical University)
- Hitoshi Yamashita PhD (Professor, Graduate School of Health Sciences, Morinomiya University of Medical Science)
- Masahiro Goto DC(Director, Goto Chiropractic Office)
- Tomohiko Wakatsuki DC(Director, Wakatsuki Chiropractic)
- Koichi Kuratsu BCSc(conv.)(President, Osaka Ryojyutsu Association)
- Tomokazu Tai (Official representative, Medical Professions Division, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare)
Japanese Journal of Chiropractic Science
- Vol.1 (September, 1984); Vol.2 No.1 (March, 1986); Vol.2 No.2 (October, 1986); Vol.3 No.1 (March, 1987); Vol.3 No.2 (October, 1987); Vol.4 No.1 (March, 1988); Vol.4 No.2 (November, 1988); Vol.5 No.1 (March, 1989); Vol.5 No.2 (November, 1989); Vol.6 No.1 (April, 1990); Vol.7 No.1 (August, 1991); Vol.7 No.2 (November, 1991); Vol.8 No.1 (March, 1992); Vol.9 (November, 2020); Vol.10 (December, 2021)